Frequently Asked Questions
Answers to some of our common customer questions.
- Can I change my account information online?
- You can change your password and some other preferences in reference to your online account under the "My Profile" tab.
- Other account changes, such as shipping address changes or additions will be confirmed by telephone before any changes are made to the account to avoid fraudulent information.
- What is your return policy?
- We follow the return policies of our manufacturer partners, which vary broadly. You can submit for returns online and if there are questions you will be contacted by a representative.
- Product returns may be requested online once you have logged in to your account by choosing "Request A Return" under the "My Account" tab and following the instructions. You will receive an e-mail confirming that we received your return authorization. You can also request a return by calling us at (800)-233-0210.
- After receipt of the confirmation you will then receive the appropriate number of return labels, via e-mail or regular mail so you may send the product back via UPS
- Returns that are not due to our error may be subject to a $10.00 processing fee.
- Items must arrive back to Penn Veterinary Supply Inc. in acceptable condition for resale (unopened, no stickers, writing, etc.).
- Items must be packed well enough to resist shipping damage. Products that arrive damaged with insufficient packing may not be credited
- Can controlled substances be ordered online?
- As long as we have a current federal DEA license on file you can order controlled substances online.
- Please remember that you can only order drugs in those classes listed on your certificate.
- Controlled substances will only be shipped to the address on the DEA certificate.
- We do not currently carry Class II controlled substances
- When can I expect to receive my order?
- We currently ship out of two locations - Lancaster, PA and Grand Rapids, MI
- Orders placed between 12:00am and 6:15pm EST, Monday through Friday, are shipped the day they are received. One to two days transit time is normal for the eastern coast of the United States and 3-5 business days for the west coast, via ground shipping.
- Standard delivery days are Monday through Friday.
- Products requiring refrigeration are shipped with frozen ice packs and cold temperature indicators and will be shipped for overnight delivery. Shipping charges may be applicable depending upon your location.
- What if I need my products more quickly than UPS Ground?
- We do offer expedited shipping options. If these services are available in your area, they will be noted at the time of checkout and may be subject to additional shipping charges depending upon your location.
- Aerosol and hazardous items can only be shipped via ground service and are noted in your cart at checkout. Shipping and delivery days are Monday through Friday.
- Large and/or bulky items may incur additional shipping charges, especially for air shipping services. This will be reflected in checkout.
- Can I track the progress of my shipment?
- Once you log in to your online account you can track the shipping progress of an order.
- Under the "My Account" tab, select "Track My Orders" and click on the order number of the shipment in question. Please be aware that it normally takes at least one day before tracking information is available.
- What if my shipment is damaged or products listed on the packing list are missing?
- We rarely incur damage in transit, however should it happen, please save all packing materials and contact us immediately at (800) 233-0210.
- You will be given further instructions when you call depending upon the value of the damaged product(s).
- Do you have shipping charges or a minimum order requirement?
- Items that require additional handling or packing requirements may incur an additional charge. These items will be noted as such at time of order. Orders are shipped via the carrier of our choice, considering the best transit time for your location. Expedited shipping options are noted at checkout, however shipping charges will apply.
- Orders shippd by common carrier may incur an additional charge. Special delivery options are available on a per carrier basis; additional charges may apply.
- There are no minimum order requirements. Shipping charges may be waived at Penn Veterinary Supply's discretion
- Do you ship outside of the United States of America?
- Currently we ship to the continental United States as well as Alaska and Puerto Rico regularly.
- If you reside elsewhere outside of the continental United States and wish to order, please contact our Customer Service department at (800) 233-0210. Please remember, Penn Veterinary Supply only offers sales to, or under the direction of, a licensed veterinarian
- Can I ship items to different addresses?
- Yes, however shipping addresses must be listed on your account file with us prior to shipment to avoid fraudulent charges to your account. Once an address is validated, you will be able to choose it when you sign in to your online account.
- Additional freight charges may apply.
- Controlled substances are not avilable for drop shipment unless there is a valid Federal DEA license on file for the requested shipping address
- What are my payment options?
- If you currently have an account with Penn Veterinary Supply you may choose to bill orders under that account, or pay by credit card at time of order.
- New customers and customers outside of our standard marketing area may pay by credit card.
- If you have requested Level 2 access to your accounts and receive monthly statements you may view and pay any balances you have onlnine via credit card.
- I filled out an account application, when will I be able to start placing orders?
- If you fill out our our online account application, you can expect a phone call within one business day to verify the information and proceed as long as it is during our normal business hours 8am-5pm EST Monday through Friday.
- If you print, fill out and fax an application along with all necessary documents, your account should be set up within one business day.
- If you have filled out a "Buyer's Access" registration for online ordering, that should be set up at the same time as your regular account.