Active scavenging for up to 25 anesthesia machines.
The elimination of trace anesthesia gases from the operating room is a major concern for veterinarians and their personnel. The only effective way to eliminate these gases is to collect them at the anesthesia machine’s pop-off valve outlet and conduct them directly to the outside with an Active Anesthesia Scavenger.
- On the market for 13 years – problem free
- Balanced by valves in three locations, therefore no periodic adjustments have to be made
- Additional machine locations may be added at any time without affecting the present system
- Can handle up to 25 anesthesia machines with 200’ of plumbing above the ceiling
- Recommended by all well-known veterinary architectural firms
The basic unit consists of the power unit, a vent hood & pipe, 6’ of flexible heavy duty hose, 90° elbow, “Y” tee fitting, interface & carrier air inlet valve.
Scavenging system benefits
- Prevents unloading of the breathing circuit
- The vacuum pressure generated by the power unit is continuously regulated by the Air-Inlet Valve strategically positioned in the system.
- Offers no resistance to the pop-off valve
- The tube diameters of the system are designed so there will be no increase in pop-off exhaust pressure during surgery.
- Eliminates need for charcoal filters
- Forget about charcoal filled canisters that become saturated (and ineffective) after a short period of time! Full attention may be devoted to surgery, not to the status of a charcoal filter.
- Effective for all anesthetic agents including nitrous oxide
- Compatible with all non-flammable anesthetic agents, the system is also effective with nitrous oxide.Charcoal filled canisters do not absorb nitrous oxide but pass it directly to the operating room.
- Does not inhibit machine mobility
- Ten feet of flexible interface tubing allows mobility of the anesthesia machine.
- Suitable for clinics that have one or more machines
- The VETROSON® Anesthesia Scavenger may be designed for hospitals with multiple machines and/or machines not located adjacent to an outside wall.
- Designed to fit most anesthesia circuits
- VETROSON® Anesthesia Scavenger may be connected to the scavenging pop-off valve outlet nipple on all commonly used Anesthesia Machines. VETROSON® Scavenger pop-off valves are available for many older machines that don’t have one.