A reliable suture comprised of Polyglycolic Acid (PGA) Suture Material packaged in a cost-effective cassette delivery system. The cassette delivery system reduces the cost of suture up to 50% when compared to pre-cut lengths with attached needles. All you do is supply the needle. All available cassettes contain 25 meters.
Features of the suture are as follows:
• Coated braided synthetic absorbable suture material of polyglycolic acid
• Complies with the requirements of USP and EP
• Special coating facilitates smooth tissue passage, easy knot tie down and excellent knot security.
• Excellent handling and knotting characteristics
• High linear and knot-pull tensile strength
• Absorbed by hydrolysis with minimal tissue reaction
• Reliable tensile strength retention (in-vitro)
• Average 73% at 14 days
• Average 45% at 21 days
• Predictable absorption (loss of mass) in 60 to 90 days
• Violet in color
Available in multiple sizes.